Is your child thriving? Spiritually? Academically? Socially?
At River Oak Christian Academy, we partner with you, the parents, to help your child thrive. Here are 5 ways we do that:
- By honoring and reinforcing your Christian values. Biblical truths are not just taught during a Bible class, but are thoroughly integrated into every subject. How does this work in subjects like math? The opportunities are endless! A circle reminds us of God’s unending love; the concept of infinity reflects the greatness of God.
- By meeting the spiritual and learning needs of each individual child. No two children are the same. With small class sizes, our teachers are able to give more individual time to each child. If a student is struggling, the teacher, administrative staff, and parents work together to develop a personalized course of action to help the child succeed.
- By implementing strong character development programs. Honorable character traits are emphasized and recognized. Good choices and positive behaviors are rewarded through classroom chart recognition, praise tickets, and quarterly character awards presented at chapel. River Oak also teaches the importance of serving others, and students participate in a number of service projects throughout the year.
- By creating a family environment in the school. Students have a sense of belonging. Every morning, student submitted prayer requests and special celebrations (birthdays, sibling births) are announced to all the classes. Older students spend time reading with younger students. Students are also bonded through weekly chapel services, Christmas performances, and participating together in various community events.
- By challenging students to lead. With a strong Biblical foundation, students can apply the truth of Scripture to their own God-given abilities and personalities. Students are taught the value of citizenship by understanding Biblical concepts of freedom, human dignity, and authority. These skills help students to live and work with others at home, school, church, and in a changing society, as committed servants and leaders within the body of Christ. Students are encouraged to pray aloud and speak publicly to both fellow students and adults.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Whether you are looking for an immediate change for your child, or looking at enrolling your student, we would love to tell you more about River Oak Christian Academy. Fill out the form below or call 573.634.3983.